GroVia Hybrid Shell
GroVia's hybrid shell is an "all-in-two" (AI2) system that helps keep your cost per diaper change low. Unless the shell gets soiled or wet, you can simply change out the inner pad (soaker) and re-use the shell! This system cuts down the amount of laundry you have to wash and also therefore reduces wear and tear on the shell in the long run. We love AI2 cloth diapers because they are easy to pack for a day on the go without taking up lots of room in your diaper bag!
GroVia's AI2 system is referred to as "hybrid" because the shell can be used interchangeably with cloth or disposables.
- This outer waterproof shell has snaps on the inside to anchor the GroVia Organic Cotton Soaker Pad or the GroVia Stay-Dry Soaker Pad into place to prevent shifting and bunching. We recommend having four soaker pads for every shell, which works out to about $13 per change - much less than most pocket or all-in-one diapers!
- The shell also works well with most fitted and prefold diapers.
- For travel or daycare, the disposable GroVia BioSoakers are another convenient option.
With three rise settings and an adjustable waist (in either snaps or hook & loop), GroVia recommends this diaper for babies from approximately 8 to 30 lbs. In our experience, it fits best starting at approximately 10 to 12 lbs.
Choose from the one-step Hook/Loop closure style—the most like a disposable diaper to remove or put on—and the Snap closure, which can be simpler to launder and, later, more toddler-proof.
- Inner Body: 100% Polyester
- Outer: 100% Water Resistant Polyester TPU